The India Initiative has hosted a number of distinguished guests at Georgetown University who have advanced the conversation on India’s role in the world and have deepened the engagement between the university and India.
- Andrew Kuchins, senior associate, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Arun Gupta, partner, Columbia Capital
- Arvind Subramanian, chief economic advisor, Government of India
- Ashley Tellis, Tata chair for strategic affairs, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Gaiutra Bahadur, fellow, Harvard University DuBois Institute
- Griffin Thompson, acting deputy assistant secretary for energy transformations, U.S. Department of State
- Amb. Hussain Haqqani, former ambassador of Pakistan to the United States
- Jairam Ramesh, member of parliament, Indian National Congress
- Jaivardhan Singh, MLA-Madhya Pradesh
- Amb. Jalil Abbas Jilani, former ambassador of Pakistan to the United States
- Joyojeet Pal, assistant professor, University of Michigan
- Manoj Mitta, senior journalist, Times of India
- Manpreet Singh Anand, former deputy assistant secretary of state, South Asian Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Mark Warner, United States Senator (D-VA)
- Maroof Raza, consultant, Times Now
- Milan Vaishnav, senior fellow, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Muhammad Ali Khan, lawyer
- Nisha Biswal, former assistant secretary of state, South Asian Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Omar Abdullah, former chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir
- Piyali Bhattacharya, writer-in-residence, Vanderbilt University
- Poonam Mahajan, member of parliament, Bharatiya Janata Party
- Prerna Singh, assistant professor, Brown University
- Amb. Prasad Kariyawasam, former ambassador of Sri Lanka to the United States
- Rajdeep Sardesai, consulting editor, India Today Group
- Rajeev Gowda, member of parliament, Indian National Congress
- Ramachandra Guha, author, Gandhi Before India; India After Gandhi
- Amb. Richard Verma, former U.S. ambassador to India
- Richie Ahuja, Asia director, Environmental Defense Fund
- Rick Rossow, Wadhwani chair in U.S.-India policy studies, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Robin King, director of urban development, World Resources Institute Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
- Rupi Kaur, poet, Milk & Honey
- Sagarika Ghose, consulting editor, Times of India
- Salman Khurshid, former Indian minister of external affairs
- Sameer Lalwani, deputy director for South Asia, Stimson Center
- Samip Mallick, co-founder and executive director, South Asian American Digital Archive
- Seema Sirohi, columnist, Economic Times
- Shiv Khemka, executive chairman, The Global Education and Leadership Foundation
- Stuti Khemani, senior economist, World Bank Group
- Sunil Sinha, resident director for the Middle East and North Africa, Tata Group
- Varghese George, U.S. correspondent, The Hindu
- Vatsal Bhatt, director of cities and neighborhood developments, U.S. Green Building Council
Pakistani Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed offers his insights on potential diplomatic resolutions to the Kashmir dispute.
Milan Vaishnav of the Carnegie Endowment of International Peace gives a talk on his most recent publication, "When Crime Pays: Money and Muscle in Indian Politics."
Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) and Ambassador Richard Verma discuss the future of the U.S.-India partnership at the inaugural India Ideas Conference at Georgetown.
Chief Economic Advisor of the Government of India Arvind Subramanian discusses the future of India's economy in light of recent reforms.
India Initiative Distinguished Fellows and world-renowned journalists Rajdeep Sardesai and Sagarika Ghose discuss the impact of the media on the political landscape in India.